Thursday 2 January 2014

Landmark day

Big day today - 100 days to go to the marathon in Rotterdam. Just over three months of training left and this Sunday I run my first half marathon.
Ah, Sunday. Another difficult day. January 5. It would have been mine and Diane's 18th wedding anniversary. Another day when I will share a quiet, private word with her and another day when I will tell her how much I love her and miss her. I'll buy a card, of course. I haven't reached that stage yet where I don't feel the need to. It's my way of telling her she is still as much a part of my life now as she ever was.
It makes Sunday all the more special. Running with her for our longest distance yet, I will cherish every moment.
And perhaps, after we've finished, she will finally believe I can do this crazy thing in April. Just goes to show, anything's possible if you're inspired. Not doing it is not an option. Not hitting every target I set myself is out of the question. I simply have to do it.
And I will.
Letting Diane down isn't an option either.

No comments:

Post a Comment